Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature request
2007-05-16, 03:41 PM,
Feature request
I would like to express my appreciation for the work done on WUCD. May I make 2 small feature requests? It would be convenient to have logging functionality added so that one could review previous executions/builds. Also, a minimize built into the UI would come in handy. Thank you.
2007-05-16, 05:40 PM,
RE: Feature request
Sorry my english, but what mean you with "logging functionality added so that one could review previous executions/builds" and with "minimize built into the UI would come in handy"?
And I don't understand the translation Sad
Vitali

[Image: wucdcreator.png]
[Image: winfuture.png]
[Image: mysoft.gif]
2007-05-17, 04:11 PM,
Vitali Wrote:Sorry my english, but what mean you with "logging functionality added so that one could review previous executions/builds" and with "minimize built into the UI would come in handy"?
And I don't understand the translation Sad

I appreciate this and I apologize that I do not speak German. Adding a log means that on starting WUCD a file would be created (or appended to) showing the Source chosen and then the work directory, what user accounts were added, what license key, and the other settings. If a usable image creation was followed by an unusable one, we could look at the settings we chose earlier.

Minimizing the WUCD UI meand that if our work was interrupted, we could place the WUCD UI in the task bar exposing the Windows desktop that it was covering.

Thank you
2007-05-18, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 2007-05-18, 08:15 AM by Vitali.)
JosephRB Wrote:I appreciate this and I apologize that I do not speak German.
Nobody is perfect Wink
JosephRB Wrote:Adding a log means that on starting WUCD a file would be created (or appended to) showing the Source chosen and then the work directory, what user accounts were added, what license key, and the other settings. If a usable image creation was followed by an unusable one, we could look at the settings we chose earlier.

Minimizing the WUCD UI meand that if our work was interrupted, we could place the WUCD UI in the task bar exposing the Windows desktop that it was covering.
Ok, for drivers, users, mods and soft look in cd:\settings.txt. For tab "unattended" look in cd:\i386\winnt.sif. And for "Hotfixes" expand cd:\i386\svcpack.in_ and read expanded file.

PS: Did you watch this tutorial?
http://www.vitaligraf.de/video/tutorial.divx521.avi
Vitali

2007-05-18, 02:18 PM,
Vitali Wrote:
JosephRB Wrote:I appreciate this and I apologize that I do not speak German.
Nobody is perfect Wink
JosephRB Wrote:Adding a log means that on starting WUCD a file would be created (or appended to) showing the Source chosen and then the work directory, what user accounts were added, what license key, and the other settings. If a usable image creation was followed by an unusable one, we could look at the settings we chose earlier.

Ok, for drivers, users, mods and soft look in cd:\settings.txt. For tab "unattended" look in cd:\i386\winnt.sif. And for "Hotfixes" expand cd:\i386\svcpack.in_ and read expanded file.

PS: Did you watch this tutorial?
http://www.vitaligraf.de/video/tutorial.divx521.avi

Thank you. Yes, I did watch the tutorial. It is true that those files do have information, but it could still be helpful to have a log option that would consolidate and record the information. The 3 files also only show the file result. So if we add and delete (for example) entries under Software only the final result is known afterwards. Are there, incidentally, also any settings saved by WUCD in the registry? Thank you.
2007-05-19, 02:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 2007-05-19, 02:10 PM by Vitali.)
JosephRB Wrote:Thank you. Yes, I did watch the tutorial. It is true that those files do have information, but it could still be helpful to have a log option that would consolidate and record the information.
Ok, I try to integrate the log information into WUCD 2, but I can't say when happened.

JosephRB Wrote:Are there, incidentally, also any settings saved by WUCD in the registry?
No
Vitali

2007-05-21, 03:29 PM,
Vitali Wrote:
JosephRB Wrote:Thank you. Yes, I did watch the tutorial. It is true that those files do have information, but it could still be helpful to have a log option that would consolidate and record the information.
Ok, I try to integrate the log information into WUCD 2, but I can't say when happened.

JosephRB Wrote:Are there, incidentally, also any settings saved by WUCD in the registry?
No

Once again, thank you very much.